Bulk Dump Question

Hey Guys,
I’m trying to do a bulk dump, and I’d like to have the dumped files come up with the same track name that was used on each track itself. I have Batch selected, and all the tracks I want ticked, and I’ve tried the options on the naming page, but they still come up with their own names, is there something I’m missing ?

Thanks
Sully

Are you talking about Batch exporting audio…?

Yes, I’d like to batch export audio tracks, but keep all the track names intact.

Thanks
Sully

I just tried it here and they came out with the same names of the tracks. Perhaps a screenshot of the naming scheme page would help.
J.L.

CAN I ASK YOU, WHAT DO YOU PUT IN THE “NAME” FIELD AT THE TOP OF THE EXPORT DIALOG BOX, AND WHAT WOULD BE YOUR SETTINGS IN THE “NAMING SCHEME” SECTION, MAYBE THAT WOULD CLEAR IT UP .

THANKS
SULlY

ps, sorry for the caps, I wasn’t looking. : )

In the Naming Scheme dialog, you can set up columns and rearrange them. Use the “+” and “-” to add or remove columns. If you select “Name” it inserts what you have in the “Name” on the Export Dialog window. If you Select “Project Name” it inserts the project name. I have “Name” on the Export Dialog set to the project name and I have “Auto Update Name” checked.

On the Naming Scheme dialog I just chose, Channel Name and removed the other fields with the “-” signs. The only column showing is “Channel Name”. Of course, a better method would probably by to have “Project Name” and then “Channel Name” in case you have different versions of the project.

HTH
J.L.

Hey JL, Thanks, I got it. That’s a big help.
Could I also ask you, since you’re the goto guy, : ) When I want to export a couple tracks back to the “import into project”, it works great, but it still wants to export a copy to the folder location which is on the “path” option at the top of the export dialog box. How could I separate these two functions ?

Thanks again
Suly

Honestly, I had never used it before your question. I just tried it out. I actually learn a lot by looking at people’s questions on the forum.

If you mean how can you keep it from creating the extra copy, then select the projects audio folder for the path. Then select a Wave format and select “Import into project” on an Audio Track. When it is done and asks if you want to copy to working directory or convert, etc., there is no need because it is already in the Audio folder and in .wav format.