BWF MD Origination Date / Time auto populate

Hi,

I feel like I must be missing something very obvious but I don’t seem to be able to set the BWF Metadata field ‘Origination Date / Time’ to enter the date and time of the recording automatically. There is no ‘current’ setting and the field sdoesn’t accept the auto variable codes.

Is there a way to automate the data in this field?

Regards,
Damien

No. This is true this is missing and should be added in the future.

Hi Philippe.

Thanks for the response. It would be good to see this added.

Damien

I agree.

Hi Philippe,
are there any plans to allow the BWF “Origination Time / Date” field to automatically show current rather than saved values? This would be super helpful. Thanks!

Not sure what you mean. Do you speak about the request at the top of this thread?

yes. the field seems to always display a stored value, unless I manually click the clock icon. Is it possible for a current value to be embedded in the file, at the time of creation? I’m using W Pro 9.5.
Thanks

You mean, at the time of recording, you would like an option for WaveLab to write a BWF meta data with the current time?

Yes. Actually, while this would be useful, it would be almost as useful to have the Origination Date / Time field NOT appear at all, because at present it usually contracicts the Date field in the INFO chunk, which I populate using the @Date12@ variable.

1 Like

FYI, in the new WaveLab 12, if you record a file and have the following option, the recorded file will get the day/time stamp.

2 Likes

Wonderful, thank you!

activating the functionality is a little advanced, hence I prefer to take the lead and give you some instructions:

1 Like

This is great. As an archival digitiser this will save me a tonne of fiddle around time. Thanks.

1 Like