Bypass panning (ie set to centre) with Generic Remote

Hi is anyone able to help me use my BCF2000 to reset/bypass the panning on audio channels?

There is no option for this in generic remote directly (that i can find anyway)…

I can set a pan value on the device to send Cubase, but 63 ends up panned to L1 and 64 ends up panned to R1…

Thanks for any advice!
Dave

Hi, Dave,

this is a known problem which stems from the fact that via Generic Remote you normally work with 7bit MIDI messages (values 0-127). However, the panner has 201 values (-100…0…+100), therefore, some of the panner values have to be skipped when you are rotating a knob on a generic remote device. Unfortunately, the zero value is one of the skipped…

Although there is a workaround it’s not so easy to set it properly. Please, have a look at this post on the older forum:
http://forum.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=129545&sid=be9b17e0a096562d7980154a513db50a

Fortunately, your controller (BCF2000) is able to trasmit 14bit MIDI messages so you can set it accordingly and then tweak Cubase to accept these higher-resolution messages.

Best regards

Miloslav

Thanks Valsolim… your method works perfectly! (took me a while to get my head around the whole thing =)

Nice one - thanks very much for your help… btw how did you spot the flags issue?

I have found the trick in a tutorial about using BCR2000 with Cubase. I’m glad I could help you :wink:

Miloslav