C-11 Automation Edit Points: selection of 2 or more adds points (NOT wanted)

In the screenshot (where I put the red arrow), I selected two points to raise or lower only those two and line in between, but unlike my older versions of Cubase (v. 6, v.3 back to v.1), it adds points instead of simply raising or lowering the existing ones.

Looks like this the new default and I’d like to change it back to the way I am used to for I have delete the ones I don’t want every time.

Suggestions?
Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, there are two ways, how to change the values. Either use the mouse and the controllers or the Info line value. One adds the extra nodes, the other one doesn’t.

1 Like

Thank you. I, did the info line value as “fader” so to speak (letting mouse increase or decrease values moving it up or down vertically in values box) and it works as I wish it to - no added points.

There must be a good reason to the other way by - adding Bezier points - I just don’t see what it is, at least for my particular workflow.

Thanks Martin. I’d been struggling with this too. Life (well, editing automation at least) is much more straightforward now you’ve “pointed” this out.

1 Like

Hi,

One approach is more in the musical context (Cubase users), where you want to fade to the new value. The other one is more sound design/engineer context (Nuendo) to increase/decrease volume of the specific part and keep the rest (surrounding) untouched.