C-12 Pro - Saving Mix Console Settings or Snapshot?

Windows 10, Cubase Pro 12

I have a very simple project as shown in the screenshot above, and I selected all channels as one should do as per this 5 y.o. video from Cubase ( How to Save Mixer Channel Snapshots in Cubase | Q&A with Greg Ondo) - and I chose to show “Mixer Functions Menu”, but… no-go.

The how-to page at Steinberg isn’t any help either - they don’t always have help articles for the latest versions.

I really need this function because I keep messing up - I get a good mix, then go in and “improve” something, throwing things off where older test mixdowns sounded better.

I’m probably just being dense and missing something obvious.
Thanks for your help.

Hi,

How does it look like on your side, please? Could you attach a screenshot, please?

@Martin.Jirsak - Not clear on what you mean. Screenshot of what? The post opens with a screenshot - well, at least I can see it here.

Hi,

Sorry, for not being clear.

Why you cannot Save the settings, please? Could you attach a screenshot, what happens, if you open the Functions menu on your side, please?

Well, that’s the problem - I don’t know which icon at the top of the console offers to save the settings for the mixer. I’ve hovered over all of them and still don’t know. Do you see it in my setup’s screenshot? And if so, which one? Thanks.

You need to right click on the empty space ,next to the two arrows at the top left of your screenshot, and then enable ‘MixConsole Snapshots’ to show itself. Then you will get an extra ‘camera’ Icon which gives the funtion you are looking for. :slight_smile:

@SurrealistBunny - OK, that helped, but I don’t know the difference between saving and recalling channels as I clipped from the video I linked up before - or what is called Snapshots.

The 5 year old official Cubase video allows one to name and save channels, Snapshot just offers to save (but not name?) and recall snapshots. I need to be able to name and organize as shown in the Saving Channels clip below. Meaning create folders for various channel settings for each project.

So… still confused.

Saving Channels
Loading Saved Channels

Hi,

To save your MixConsole setup and load it in another project, use the Functions > Save Selected Channels… In another project, you can then Load MixConsole Settings.

To store the current MixConsole settings within the project, use the Snapshots (save Snapshots). Then you can switch between multiple MixConsole setup by calling these snapshots (recalling Snapshots).

@Martin.Jirsak
You wrote:

To save your MixConsole setup and load it in another project, use the Functions > Save Selected Channels… In another project, you can then Load MixConsole Settings.

To store the current MixConsole settings within the project, use the Snapshots (save Snapshots ). Then you can switch between multiple MixConsole setup by calling these snapshots ([recalling Snapshots][/quote]

---- But where is the Functions menu - is it visible in my screenshot?

Also, the page states that it affects “selected audio-related channels” - does that mean only audio tracks or also MIDI and VSTi? (My guess is the latter, but need to be sure). I’m assuming this means that video tracks aren’t’ saved.

(Recalling MixConsole Snapshots via the Snapshots Tab)).

— *It doesn’t seem one can name or rename the snapshots, and besides, what is the difference between snapshots and channel settings?Clarity needed on this.

Hi,

Yes, the Functions menu is visible.

Hi,

Yes, you can. Just double-click the name of it to rename it.

As I mentioned…

• The Snapshots are within the given project.
    The Save/Load is useful if you want to transfer your MixConsole settings to another project.

@Martin.Jirsak - Thanks for taking the time to reply. I get what a snapshot is – I’m assuming a snapshot of the entire mixer. But as far as saving channels, still confused. Here is the drop-down I see when clicking on the Mixer Functions Menu:

Unlike the short clip of the clip from Cubase - how to save channel settings, and how to load channel settings – I see no save or load channel settings options in the drop down menu in Cubase 12.

And I did what he did in the video - selected all channels before clicking the channel functions icon-- one can see it in the screenshot as white highlights.

The menu in the video’s drop down is quite different (unclear what version of Cubase it is - 5 years ago). Probably in part because of his choices of what menus to have available.