C10 with Arturia V-Collection HiDPI error

Yes, I tried as described 200 as well with HiDPI on, which scales the plugin to oversize and inccorrect. And 200% is also way too large anyways for Cubase on a 32" screen.I do not need letters to be 8mm high :slight_smile:

HiDPI works with Windows 100% scaling and V-collection correctly displayed.
HiDPI off works with any scaling and V-Collection.
All other settings do NOT work.

I just right now retried all those setting variants to be 100% sure

There is though a workaround in case you have multiple monitors.
Set Cubase on Hidpi at any percentage and set a separate monitor to display only Arturia plugins(or anything else where the size does not really matter) at HiDPI 100%.

This is what Arturia says…:

Which means as much as “we know, but we don´t even work on this.”

The same thing happens with East West’s play engine.

Can’t select patches…

Any news here? Arturia stated that this would be resolved by steinberg with the “next update”, which was back in November 2018. I’m still having trouble here with Cubase 10.3 and the latest Arturia V7

Hello,

I got Cubase to scale Arturia plugins correctly by doing the following:

– First you must prepare Cubase for HDPI.

1. Double click the “Cubase” on the desktop icon to open it.
  2. On the top menu go to “Edit” → “Prefrences”
  3. On the left of the window, there’s a list of options. Find and click “General”
  4. Make sure the “Enable HDPI” checkbox is checked.
  5. Hit “OK” to accept changes.
  6. Close Cubase (Make sure the top menu / title bar is closed too, not just the project).

– Now you must configure windows 10 to let Cubase manage scaling.

1. Right Click the “Cubase” icon on desktop.
  2. Choose “Properties”
  3. From the dialog box choose “Compatibility”
  4. Click the “Change High DPI Settings” button.
  5. In the new dialog that opens, make sure the checkbox labeled “Overide high DPI scaling behavior” is checked (its at the bottom of the dialog box).
  6. Right bellow it says “Scaling performed by:” and theres a dropdown. Make sure “Application” is selected.
  7. Click ok, to each open window to apply all changes.

Now you can open Cubase and scaling will work as expected.

Hope this helps.

Wow, that works well! Thank you very much psychowsky!

Only just created an account to thank you, that was brilliant!

This solution should be an official tutorial! Pure luck I stumbled upon it and it works a charm. Thanks!

This method didn’t fix my issue with Cubase 12 and the Arturia V-Collection plugins running in Komplete Kontrol. I have two monitors: Main is 2560 x 1440 and secondary is 1920x1080. The GUI for the Arturia plugins running in Komplete Kontrol is scaled way too large. I can’t see the whole interface on either monitor. Anyone have a fix for this?

Hi-DPI is enabled in Cubase Preferences and I followed these steps to enable compatibility mode from the taskbar but no luck. Using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version 21H2.

Hi

Is this option available for your plugin and have you tried using it? https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360017509919-Cubase-11-Using-DPI-unaware-plug-ins-on-Windows

Cheers,
Armand