C12 pro poor performance/how many cores of my processor is working

What’s up, guys?!?
I have been struggling with the operation of C12 pro for some time. Even without any instruments or effects loaded, I am not able to lower the latency level on my Apollo x4 below 256, because the computer immediately shows the maximum load indicators on the audio performance meter, it drifts completely to the right. When I set the buffer size to 2048, you can mix something - you can’t play because of the latency size.
I tried to ask Steinberg but after a few e-mails the matter died down, the problem remained.
I will add that this is how it started to happen after the installation of C12. I was hoping that the latest update would change something - unfortunately not.
While looking for help on the Internet, I found somebody’s statement that it is possible in Cubase to change the settings so that it uses all the processor cores during operation. I tried to read what exactly was going on but found nothing about it.
Do any of you know what’s going on? I would only ask for a clear translation, because when it comes to nomenclature and computer issues, I am not the strongest.
My system is:
Intel Core i9 9th Gen - Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (5.0 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series)
GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z390 HDMI SATA 6Gb / s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model CMK64GX4M4B3200C16
Windows 10
UAD Apollo x4

Clean install

C12 has the worst performance, that´s why Steinberg support does not provide answers…

1 Like

Can you specify please?

I’ve heard instances of users fully uninstalling cubase 12 and fully reinstalling all components and programs through the download manager.

Have the same problem, C12 is a catastrophe regarding to LLP
I’m forced to use C11 and hope that it will be fixed asap

It’s not working, something is broken in audio engine

That’s not true. Mine runs perfectly with no issues whatsoever. It’s got to be something with your computer.

I must admit though, there are way too many complaints about C12, I would love to see a poll actually on percentage of people who have no problems v to people who have headaches with the program.

Mine was working like a racket with c11. No matter what or how many plug-ins i opened. Big orchestras, big pianos- all vst instruments. Not even one glitch. After I installed c12 everything went to sh…t. And what is the worst, c11 running the same - bad way.

As well…

1 Like

Sad to hear this,

I am scared to death to upgrade to 12…So many negative posts.

I am also on 11 and I have a very powerful computer (18 core/36 threads).

I had a few problems but managed to bring it back on line, 11 works great!

Sigh…hoping for an update from 12 to solve the serious issues…

But what I would like to see the most is, actual fix from steinberg. How good is to spend thousands of $ for computer components, vst’s, etc and after updating your DAW, you are finding out that all you did is good for sh…t. All your customers are disappointed due to delays and performance… You start loosing them. I’ll give few more weeks and probably will move to Logic or Studio one…

I’m sorry to hear that for you guys, I can tell you that mine runs perfect and I really enjoy it. When I upgraded I made sure to reinstall everything. I keep my VSTs, program, components and plugins on one ssd. And store all of my work on another SSD, as well as a backup. I’m not going to jinx myself and say everything is going to stay great, because I never really dug into too many older projects, but the ones I had been working on in 11.5 are just as they should be. Wish you all the best.

I hear you…It gets to a point where one simply has to move forward in any ways possible…

I had crazy problems with Audio and VSTi drop outs, pops and crackles…It turned out, I had to delete personal preferences and voila, it runs like a dream. Audio priority on Normal runs fine, up it to high, and problems started again, down to Normal, all is well…Can you see the logic?..sigh…

But at least I can work now…

Thing is, Cubase is hugely complex, I get it, but the guys from Steinberg should make sure the damn thing works…

I contemplated switching because exporting times are still slow, and cannot wait forever to export…I tried Studio One and it was like I was looking to an Alien console, no idea where to start.

Don’t know, Cubase has so many invaluable functions, I think as a composer will find it impossible to move to another program…Sticking to 11 for now…

1 Like

Note that this can be done using Cubase Safe Mode, and is the number 1 step for troubleshooting. It can be done even before posting an issue to the forum.

1 Like

Hey Steve,

Thanks, I didn’t post an issue on the forum about this, I just tried it and solved my problem completely.

Cheers!

Case in point! Of course, the info is meant for others.

1 Like

Fair enough.

…trying right now… :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

I just finished the whole process. Maybe it’s a little better. Keyscape and Symphonic Motion (spitfire) are playable at 256 buffer size.
It is some progress. Thank you for the tip.