C6 license question

hi all,
if I upgrade from C4 to C6 directly, do i get a license to use C5 as well?

thanx

Hello,

you don’t get the actuall Cubase 5 license, but you can start Cubase 5 with the Cubase 6 license, and all the smaller Cubase versions.

Cheers,

Chris

Does that include my copy of Cubase studio 5.

Hello,

yes

Cheers,

Chris

I see, like it was with C4 and SX3. Thank you Chris, allow me to seize the opportunity and clarify something:
Upgrading from C4 (educational) to full licensed C6 is at the the same upgrade price as upgrading from C4 full
license to C6. I never understood if educational licenses of the large Cubase Versions count as full in upgrades

Thank you, I look forward to receiving my copy of Cubase 6

Hi manakesna,

Yes, it’s the same upgrade! There are no edu upgrades. If you want to upgrade your edu software you have to buy the “normal” upgrade.

Thanks a lot Carlos, I figured that, and it makes sense. My question was about the price. Updating from C4edu to C6 costs the same as it would cost from a fully licensed C4?

The educational license is a one time discount, at buying the initial version. After that, you either again buy an educational license for the higher version (if you’re still eligible) - or pay the full upgrade price. Fair deal, methinks…

Luck, Arjan

Thanks for trying to help Arjan, I’m aware of that and I agree it’s a fair deal. Though I’ve seriously begun doubting my ability to make a clear question. So I might just put it down in numbers: Let’s say that updating from C4 to C6 is 200 euros (i don’t know how much it is) Is updating from C4 (edu) the same price, or is it more?, like let’s say updating from a “lighter” Cubase version, such as studio or essential or whatever they’re called.

I hope it’s clear now for those in the know

Thanx for your patience

Yes,you will pay the same amount as if you had the full C4.
Actually i think that upgrading from C4(full or edu) to C6 is 149 euros

Every educational ‘version’ IS the full product; like I said, it’s a one time discount on the full price. And yes, it’s 149,-

Luck, Arjan

Sounds great, thank you Arjan for being so helpfully precise. Looks like it’s time to find a dealer :wink: