C6 - List of ALL Changes?

Native 64-bit support on OS X is worth the price of admission, especially considering the reduced upgrade pricing.

Now if I can only figure out how to get this in Canada… :unamused:

A detailed list of all new features would be good. I can’t find one, yet.

Process Bars? Absolutely Indispensible. But this is a C6 board :wink:
VST Expression 2? Looking interesting.
Tempo detection and automatic creation of tempo track? Looks very interesting!

One thing I really wanted was the ability to reorder tracks in the mixer window. No news of this - it appears the mixer has had a graphical tweak only?

Yeah right. I can see you’re well informed. :unamused:

To me C6 looks very interesting, especially taking the low upgrade price in considerating. I bought my Cubase Studio 5 upgrade (from Essential 4) within the grace period, so that gets me a great price for Cubase 6.
I will definitely get it!

Don’t get me wrong, I would LOVE to see VST Expression 2 succeed. The big reason why I’m doubting is that very few developers have adapted VST3 so far and for VSTExp2 to happen, not only would they have to jump on VST3 boat but VST3.5 boat as well.

If I understood it correctly, the whole idea is to make instruments both easier and more flexible to use for the end user. Which is good and fine. But it also means it’s added effort to the developer so I wouldn’t expect many of the smaller developers with limited resources to adapt this. If the competing DAWs would support VST3.5 and VSTExp2 as well, it would make more sense for them but as it is, the effort would only benefit a part of their potential user base (i.e. Cubase users). Good luck getting Cakewalk, Magix and others on board.

Personally I’m placing my hopes on Spectrasonics. If they would support this with Omnisphere the possibilities would go from being virtually limitless to being virtually limitless +1 :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, the Note Expression feature works with traditional MIDI as well, for example for elegantly moving several controller data with notes. This and the in general better way of editing, scaling controller data “in-note” eases working with controllers a lot. However, it is correct that if used with traditional MIDI devices, the traditional MIDI constraints kick in: no polyphonic note CCs per channel (all CCs apply to all notes at the same time).

best

I just ordered my grace period upgrade to Cubase 6 yesterday ! :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to get it!

Lars