C6 Ship Date - USA?

Well I haven’t checked my card but they must have considering I received a “Proof Of Purchase” email. I ordered from a prepaid Visa card (whenever I order online), and the balance on the card was $150 less I believe (if my memory serves correct). Why, have you received your copy (of Cubase 6)?

I meant you should check you to see if if your credit card was charged because I too got the “Proof Of Purchase” email but AskNet/Steinberg still hasn’t charged my credit card.

I wish! Unfortunately, no one in the U.S. has there copy yet…

Okay, I’ve just called my Visa prepaid customer service hotline and, upon hearing the account balance I can confirm that Steinberg definitely withdrew $149.99 from my account. I guess thats a good thing?

I post this often in other forums. Possibly a little patience is in order. Expecting something to be available immediately after or even during a NAMM show seems a little impractical. So we wait a couple of weeks. When it’s ready, it’s ready. Surely we can find something productive to do in the meantime. I want it too. Will probably get an iMac and use it exclusively for C6 at the outset. But my life is not going to grind to a halt while I wait on my C6 shipment. Consider Roland and others. In the past we could count on up to 6 months after NAMM to see their new offerings.

Usually I suggest passing the time by learning something about music. In this case I suggest learning something about Cubase. It is such a deep program I will guess that no-one knows everything there is to know about it. Personally I’m going to work on workspaces and keyboard shortcuts. Those skills will translate from C5 to C6.

UPDATE: I’ve just received an email from Chris Dobbs, member of the Steinberg North America support team, who told me he has no idea of the exact shipment date in the US but assumes it will likely be sometime “within the first two weeks of February.” So, there you have it folks. Looks like by Valentine’s Day we’ll have a new “girlfriend” to play with.

Just got off the phone with someone at the US distributor (1-877-873-1459 or 415-449-5700, as listed on the shop.steinberg.net faq page) and they said they do NOT yet have C6 in their warehouse. They were hoping to get them yesterday, but they haven’t arrived yet. He didn’t know for sure when they would arrive in the US, but he thought it should be by the end of the week or by Monday, unless there has been some miscommunication with their warehouses. He suggested that I check back “in a few days” to find out the status.

Once the US distribution center receives the main shipment, then they’ll ship out immediately, and email a tracking number.

So for now, we’re in a holding pattern in the US, waiting for the main shipment to arrive… hopefully that will happen very soon. :slight_smile:

EDIT: correct URL: https://shop.steinberg.net/cgi-bin/pages/rnfaq

Not that it’s a big deal, because it’s not, but man, don’t they TRACK these large shipments? I can know exactly where a small $20 single UPS package is at any time, yet a Steinberg distributor doesn’t know where a very large shipment of their main newly released product that eveyone is waiting for is located? Jeez… :unamused: Maybe make a phone call or something.

Haha! Agree completely. That’s exactly what I thought, but I didn’t ask. Seems like someone at Steinberg HQ or in the US in charge of shipping could get on a phone and see what’s going on.

Grrr… I really wish we could have had the option for download edition, with the training videos on Youtube or something…

just thought I would post this for any other people who are concerned why their credit card hasn’t been charged yet while other’s cards have…

Confirmed…I talked to a guy at Asknet today and he said maybe Friday but more like early next week (hopefully).

Funny, just today I received an e-mail from Steinberg confirming that I do in fact qualify for the special discounted price of Cubase 6 since I purchased Cubase 5 only less than a month ago (I’m also a Logic Studio user). The message [obviously] came way too late, but it was interesting that, in it, Steinberg made sure to notify new US purchasers they will have to wait up to two weeks to receive their shipment(s).

Wel at least it’s “up to” and not “at least” 2 weeks :unamused:

I can understand why they wanted to say “shipping now” at NAMM even though they didn’t have their distribution channel properly filled. I guess it’s forgiveable…

Good News: I spoke to a Steinberg North America representative just now and as of late afternoon (today), Cubase 6 has arrived at the warehouse. The products “should be shipped out by tomorrow and/or you should receive tracking information by tomorrow.” If you do not receive any tracking information by midnight tonight (Eastern/Atlantic time) you need to call Steinberg to get your tracking number. If you do not get it by Steinberg tomorrow, you should “definitely receive it by this coming Monday, the 31st of January.”

Confirmed – just got off the phone with Asknet, they said they just got them in to the US warehouse about an hour ago. :slight_smile:

Wooo hoo!

When you say “you need to call Steinberg” if you don’t get your tracking number–who do we call at what US number?

If I were Steinberg and watching the boards I’d upgrade everyone to overnight delivery in the US.

(877) 873-1459 Make sure you have your order number ready. If in case you don’t, you’ll need to give them the email address used to finalize your order.

On another note: the orders are prioritized; whoever ordered first, their orders will be shipped out first (or so I was told).

NICE! I ordered the first day C6 went on sale and I live very close to Yamaha USA headquarters so I could possibly get my upgrade tomorrow! I don’t want to get my hopes up too much though…

Nice, most of us will hopefully be up and running by the end of next week :smiley: