C7 - Text color issues [Screenshot]

hi,

All the text on my tracks have become impossible to read since C7. why? because the track names are all written in WHITE text now. huh?

the parts are easy to read [see screenshot] because cubase, sensibly, makes them dark names on the part. but for the track names on the left they have been changed to white? and now the text disappears into the color. why has Steinberg messed with this and made the text a different color on the track to the part? and of course the text color cannot be changed…

how the hell is anyone reading their track names?

They’re in black on my set up

really? thanks Buck, am i missing some color in the preferences that controls these ?

Hi,

On my Cubase, selected track has black text, un-selected tracks have white.

Mac OSX Lion and C7 (32 bit). Track header text in white too. :cry:

same. this is the problem. so the only way to read any kind of light-colored track is to select it !! otherwise what you get is that the color envelops the text and you cant read it anymore…as seen in my pic.

this is a disaster. you cant look at your list of tracks and read what they are unless you select one by one…this is like the equivalent of having to shine a torch in the dark to see! talk about complete workflow grind to a halt

If you want to know, what is in the track, use track pictures. :wink: You know, Steinberg needs to support (sell) it. :slight_smile:

youre kidding of course…

this is the problem. so the only way to read any kind of light-colored track is to select it !! otherwise what you get is that the color envelops the text and you cant read it anymore…as seen in my pic.

Really? is everyone’s colouring like the OPs??..mine has darker section behind the buttons so the white text is still easily readable.

C7 colours by andygrimwood, on Flickr

This depends on settings. You can set the color of this part of track. You can leave it grey, or you can set it to 100% same, as it is the color of the track. Or you can set any different range in %. I’m using around 30-40%, what looks very similar to this. So all tracks are readable.

Ahh yes…missed that setting…so that’s how the hell we’re all reading our track names :slight_smile:

By the way, am I overlooking a preference, or is it now not possible to control the button brightness such as read, write, mute etc like it was in 6.5?

Please tell me I’m just overlooking something and this isn’t another step backwards?

Unfortunately, you don’t. There is no button brightness settings in the Cubase 7.

all my sessions from C5 and C6 used pastel colors, and load up with the track names virtually invisible, so what you are saying now is that for Cubase 7 we can no longer use pastel colors, Steinberg have forced our arm to use dark and dreary colors only to be able to read track names?

obviously using a very dark track color only from now on is a “workaround” for C7 but how is this an improvement over C5 or C6? this is a bit step backwards…or just a programming mistake/glitch that will be fixed in the next update

Use whatever colours you like but in preferences/event display/tracks reduce the Colorize track controls slider. You still have your amazingly bright pastels but they are mnore subdued in that section so you can read the writing.

but how is this an improvement over C5 or C6?

It’s an improvement because you now have the option to colour the tracklist.

ahhh! Grim! Colorise Track Controls slider! nice one!

this definately helps. but its still not ideal, if Steinberg can figure out to make a parts text black or white depending on the part color, why cant they do the same for the track name. why must a track name only be white.

and this slider (and the other sliders) need to be up the top of the preferences in the “color” section really, this is why i completely missed them, buried all the way down there in a different section.

anyways thanks Grim for the tip :slight_smile:

cheers
Blackout

thanks Grim for the tip

Thanks should go to Martin for pointing it out earlier in the thread!