C8.5, W7 64bit.
- create a project
- record a midi part with some notes in it of course
- chop off the right hand end of the part by dragging the right hand handle (eg to remove the bit where you went wrong)
- open score editor and all is fine - shows only the beginning section as desired
- duplicate the part to create two copies one following the other (Ctrl K,1,enter) - alternatively record a new section starting from the end of the first (this is typically how you would record a midi part section by section)
- open the score editor for the whole track
- Voilà the notes you cut off from the original part are visible on the score (and are of course in parallel with the duplicated part)
The only ways I can find to eliminate these rejected bits from the score are either to glue the parts together (not always what you want to do when composing) or to re-extend the midi part, cut and delete. I end up duplicating the track and gluing to create a track especially for printing. Every edit redo the dupe and glue. If scoring is your bag then I can tell you this is a pain!!
Cheers from sunny France