Campaign for more emoticons

Lenny - since when has honesty and straight talking been mudslinging? To tell you the truth I feel that I’ve stumbled into an unreal world, full of loonies and transient entities, psychos, approval seekers and anonymity addicts. There are people here who are seasoned forum botherers, grudge holders and trolls.

Where’s the common purpose? For sure there are many talented (and I know you are one of them) people but the forum loses its purpose if everyone shuts down to “Foes”. Let’s all be mates again. Let’s all go off to the Bare and Ragged Arse (Farnham) together and get p*ssed!

Quite a collection eh? :slight_smile:

Sounds like the Star Wars Bar. :slight_smile:

Got sober back in '02 - but yeah, I’d prefer to be your friend. You’ll discover that I’m friendly with the overwhelming
majority of the folks I come into contact with here. It’s been that way for years.
there are a couple that I speak out against when I feel it needs to be done - and believe me when I tell you,
I don’t enjoy it and I’d like it to stop, but sometimes someone needs to make a stand.

Peace, brother. :sunglasses:

but sometimes someone needs to make a stand

I absolutely agree. Sometimes though, people have a knack of p*ssing others off because of their cultural/linguistic differences. I have a South African friend who is intelligent, warm natured and intuitive but he can provoke me, very quickly into FURY! (Hi Sybrand!). It’s just the way he uses the English language. We’ve learned to deal with it through personal, face-to-face “immediacy”. You can’t do that on a forum, unfortunately.

So, any thoughts on emoticons? :laughing:

Quit tryin’ to make trouble, wouldja??

I like this one …

How long have you been a musician? :confused: :mrgreen:

Hard enough to get four musicians to act civilized towards each other, let alone a forum full. :wink: :laughing:

This is what it would have looked like if cavewomen achieved equal rights back in the day. :wink:

Lenny Lee » 23 Mar 2011 23:55

philter wrote:So, any thoughts on emoticons? :laughing:

Quit tryin’ to make trouble, wouldja?? Image

Hahahahaha! That made it a better world already!

I think cavewoman had equal rights. The sexism came from the Abrahamic dogma didn’t it? Even Ancient Egypt had equal rights didn’t it? Although I might be wrong on that one.

I look to the other great apes for the answer to that. :wink:

mashedmitten said:

How long have you been a musician?

Since time began - just like you!

Yeh - you’re right about musicians. The best bands I played with were all intense, uptight, sensitive types who had one good gig in six (Universities etc.). The ‘worst’ bands I ever played with were sociable, interesting, extrovert, average musicians who brought the house down every time. The problem was - keeping it all together, as you implied!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll have to use that sometime.

+1 Sometimes, when I am alone with my thoughts, I, too, find myself generating labels.

EMOTICONS:

= Spectator. Some spectators form, I propose, another ‘problem pattern’ for Zebbie’s list … the “Let’s You and Him Fight” merchants. They support those others on the list passively, or actively, by objecting to those who object to their behaviour…

Hi Lenny - I’ve been steering close to being a bizarre version of

… I know I have been urging you to hold back. Thank you for doing so as long as you did. I know it was not easy. It did give me space to make such assessments I needed in order to create an independent plan of action. Whilst our choice of response and beliefs about likely outcomes differ, I confirm your descriptions of problem patterns.

Take care
Glyn

That’s pretty good. :slight_smile:

And now… four to the floor

Yeah, I was in a great band once. Everyone got along. Then I asked someone to join.

That’s cool! Now we need a punk band with stage diving!

:unamused: :laughing:
My bands can outnumber a full orchestra if you count the members from the point of inception. :laughing: