If a project is save with a VCA fader all the way down (-endless) on reload the relationship between the VCA and the linked fader is gone and the linked fader moves parallel to the VCA fader! This way you can (will!) loose your valome settings of the linked fader!
Steps to reproduce:
- create a new project
- create an audio track (but track type is not important)
- create a related VCA fader
- pull down the audi track’s fader to -15 db
- move the VCA fader all the way up and down: The linked fader works as expected (in this case: moves about half as much as the VCA fader)
- now move the VCA fader all the way down (-endless)
- save the project
- close the project
- open the project again
- move the VCA fader:
The linked fader has lost its relation to the VCA fader and moves parallel to the VCA fader. So when the VCA is at 0 db the linked fader is also at 0 db instead of -15 db as it was prior to saving.
If you use VCA for automating fades (to retaining the easy possibility to change the linked chanels volume any time without fiddling with the automation) you can and will loose your volume settings of the linked faders if you - accidently - save the project while the cursor is in an area where the VCA fader is all the way down.
That’s pretty bad…
(tested with Cubase 9.0.10)