[CAN-18940] Some plugs show white GUI

Just to add more information.
When I inserted a VST effect into a track in the mixer while the projct was playing in Cubase it opened as white window and locked up Cubase but the project kept playing. It required the Task Manger to end Cubase. It produced the not responding error.

I have the same WHITE windows in all of my J-bridged VSTi’s.
They worked great though in C10 under W7, but now I have upgrqaded to W10 and all of those windows are empty.
The sound is still sthere, so the plugins work, only the GUI is not visible.

So this problem is not due to C10 I guess but is in Windows10 somewhere.
If I go back to W7(on my second SSD) eveything still works as it should.

My problem solved by starting cubase10 as administrator.
Ready…

Same problem drives me crazy hope you guys find a proper solution only thing that works for me is starting save mode and delete program preferences if I start normal white plugins screen again

Greetz Base

Found the reason on my system btw I have a setup of 2 monitors if I disable my second monitor in windows the plugin’s come up normal no white GUI anymore ! If I reenable my second monitor voila the white GUI is back on some plugins

Hello, I have the exact same problem but could fix it with your double monitor tipp.
Have you solved it, because I would like to still use my second monitor and dont have the issue.

please let me know! :slight_smile:

cheers,

jack

Hey to all of you.

I found a solution that works for me because I absolutely couldn’t accept to work with only one monitor.

Used setup:
_I use two monitors at UHD (2560x1440 pixel).
_Primary monitor (1) is the left one, secondary (2) the right one!
_Of course I set Windows 10 to expand the desktop to the secondary monitor.
_As other users mentioned before, I got white windowed plugins from some vendors. When closing them, Cubase completely freezed and I could only kill the task via the task manager.

All discussed solutions didn’t do the trick for me (like deactivation of ‘Always on top’ plugin setting or unhooking the ‘HiDPI’ setting… and many more).

What I did was creating a new workspace with the described layout below and saved it as a preset to get the same window layout for every new project.

1. I placed the VSTi-Instruments window all the way to the left on my primary screen. (To its right side, all other windows can be placed)
  2. In the VSTi-Instruments window, I clicked on the icon for ‘Add new (track-) instrument’
  3. If the windows appears on your secondary window, FIRST move it to the primary monitor! Then CANCEL the dialogue (only needed for the first time)!
  4. Redo clicking the ‘Add new instrument’ in the ‘VSTi Instruments’ window. Now the dialogue should appear on the primary screen.
  5. Now load an VSTi that normally makes trouble (in my case, all Arturia from the V7 collection were the ‘bad guys’.)
  6. The plugin should initiate on the primary screen with its GUI shown correctly! No more freezese or crashes, AS LONG as you allways close it on the primary screen!

I did some screenshots to visualize the szenario:

This bug drove me nuts. But in my case I’m now able to use these plugins with TWO monitors at higher resolutions.
I hope some of you guys are also succeeding in solving this issue!

Have a great and creative time!

What also seems to help is adding the Effect or VST in the Arranger window in the Track Inspector. As long as it opens on the main monitor it seems to be no problem. But still this is a bug that should have been fixed already ! Or did I miss something here ?

THIS !!!

1. Verify if the Nahimic process is running on your computer : Task manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del). You should see a few .exe files running.
  2. If it is the case, type “msconfig” in the Windows start search bar, go to “Services” tab and uncheck the box for Nahimic .
    That’s all !
    I restarted my computer to be sure, re-opened Cubase and it worked ! I guess it will be the case with other plugins using OpenGL). Now I can run Pigments in my DAW with 3 screens (which is sooo confortable to work with) !