Can anyone think of a way to eq several MIDI chs?

Jeff your funny…

by this you prove that sometimes it doesn’t matter how competent is what other people say: as long as they’re not trustworthy enough, infos get in one ear in and at the other one out!!! :wink: you seem to be therapy-resistant :wink:

What John proposed is actually the same we are talking about: You don’t need FX channels for this, that’s what group channels are for ?!?!?! Make a group channel, put an eq in and route all your instrument to this channel.

And no, it’s not more time consuming because if you need to change the MIDI data, yo don’t need to make a new export of the audio material because the audio info gets routed correctly…

sorry, no meaning to offend: But if you have done MIDI orchestrations for 15 years now you are perhaps bad-habited and not having always the best work-flow for your needs— and perhaps your blinded for better/easier solutions.

change your setup to what we are proposing:
If you use kontakt: assign to every kontakt-internal instrument a specific stereo out. in VST-instruments enable all outs, make a new group channel and insert the EQ, now route the audio signals from kontakt (or whichever VSTi-audio-output) to the new group channel…

You’ll be grateful in future if you listen to these advices. And will have learnt something new about ideal routing of audio-signals.
I know…

We went over that already. It would appear that it is not me who is not listening.

Poor Riffy, take the GSM status and he’s right back down with the newbs and bottom feeders. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:frowning:

I wonder if there is this option for other VSTi’s as well. I’ll have to look into it. It appears to be an easier way of routing individual midi instances (channels) of a single VSTi to different outputs (ie… Group or FX channel). It was something I had not thought of, but would be a logical way for the instruments to handle this… and come to the same result.

What would really be the cat’s bollox is if they allowed audio track presets to load in Group and Instrument channels. :wink:

You do realize that group channels and FX channels are actually the same thing???

Yes I know that they have different puposes but the reality is they both operate identically.

Ron

+1

I was just trying to give a clearer view of an alternative. What Jeff was proposing is not to EQ all the midi tracks on specific VSTi(s), just select ones that needed it.

Yes, I got that completely… Perhaps my wording was misleading. But I know it’s just a conceptual box working exactly the same and offering the same possibilities :wink:

:slight_smile: I only thought it was funny becasue Jeff considered your answer as

pretty darn good answer

whilst our suggestions where not really taken into account. Though we all talked about the same concept…
→ And Jeff that’s what we were saying: Through FX or Group Channels it doesn’t matter at all but that’s the way to go. Route the instruments from e.g. Kontakt to different audio Channels and send the tracks which need EQ1 to GroupOrFX1 and the tracks with EQ2 to GroupOrFX2

Hello, erdwandler,

I had the feeling that Ron was speaking to Jeff (he just cited your words) :slight_smile:

Miloslav