Can I also use earlier versions?

Hi.
I have a licence for Cubase 12, but have never used Cubase 11 or earlier. Does the licence entitle me to download earlier versions?

No, unfortunately. from: Steinberg Licensing: A New and Exciting Era Begins | Steinberg

After I update to Steinberg Licensing, will I still be able to run previous versions of the products I’ve bought?

Yes, provided you either have your USB-eLicenser connected to your computer, or the Soft-eLicenser containing the license for the previous version of the product is present on the computer. The new Steinberg Licensing system does not apply to versions of our products prior to the first version that uses the new system: so if you buy, say, a new license for Cubase 12 as a brand new customer, you cannot run Cubase 11 or earlier, but if you are an existing Steinberg customer who updates to Cubase 12 from Cubase 11, you can still run Cubase 11 or indeed any previous version of Cubase provided you connect your USB-eLicenser containing the license for Cubase 11.

1 Like

Thanks Steve!
I have an elicecenser for Cubase 11 which I upgraded, but wasn’t sure if Steinberg let you use other versions.
I was looking at some of the plugins and re wire that are now defunct. Thank you for answering!

Ah, you owned it but never opened it.

Yes. Basically, I bought a Steinberg interface that cam with Cubase AI inc. free upgrade to whatever the latest version of Cubase was. It said v11 on the code, but when I put the code in it went to download v12.