Can I edit music in parts layouts?

How would I find whether a time signature is “global” or “local”?

I just tried this and the System Track seemed fine?

You can’t tell by looking other than if you select a global one any other global ones will also be highlighted. If you didn’t use opt when creating it, it will be Global.

When I removed the 3/8 from the Soprano the underlying global 8/8 appeared. I deleted that 8/8 and then reinput the local 3/8 and that fixed the first few problems. Somehow this global 8/8 was causing the mid-bar system breaks. I then had to re-add the 8/8 to the other staves that needed them. I made them all local with opt.

That worked up to rehearsal mark 4. At that point, even though there are no universal TS’s (I deleted and replaced them all just in case), the system track reverted to its previous erratic behavior.

At RM 4, there is a global 8/8 in the hidden Marimba & Chimes staves.

As I said, I deleted all the time signatures at that point. I just did it again for good measure, but it didn’t solve the problem.

Sorry, I just want to double check what the issue currently is:

Is it about creating System Breaks in the parts that don’t happen mid-bar?

I only got as far as RM 4 in the Soprano part. After the 7/16 in the Soprano, the issue was still there. I’m have no idea why the global Time Sigs are causing a problem. I feel something somewhere is off or corrupted. I don’t think I can be of much more help. If I do find something I’ll let you know.