Can I get an extension of my Cubase 12 Pro trial

As the title states - can I get an extension of my cubase Pro trial, maybe now or later. Just been unable to take a proper look at it because of all kinds of personal crap. Thanks.

Hi,

I haven’t heard of this. You could rise a support ticket.

Or make another MySteinberg account to try Cubase at.

Can’t raise a support ticket where I live. Plus I think you need a purchased product. Thanks anyway.

Please contact your local Yamaha/Steinberg distributor:
https://www.steinberg.net/distribution/

Yep going to try that, thanks.

Talked to support and they said it isn’t possible to get an extension. They suggested that at best I could create a new account with a new email address. As my switch to Windows from Mac is partly predicated on me getting Cubase to work for me I am considering this idea. Two questions though:

1. Is it okay to create a new email account and use it for a second trial. I definitely don’t want to break any rules.
  2. Do I need to reinstall the whole software and all its libraries or can I just change the email address on the existing installation.
    Thanks!

Hi,

They gave you this option. Then it’s OK.

No, you don’t have to download or install anything again. Just log in with the new MySteinberg account in the Steinberg Activation Manager.

Great, will try that. A little later though :slight_smile: when I have the time - don’t want to waste another trial. Thanks.

1 Like