Can I send Program/Bank Changes to MIDI controller when switching between tracks/VSTs?

Hello. I have a Novation 49SL MKII MIDI controller that I’m using with Cubase 12. I got basic controls working with it (transport, Quick Controls). However, I would like to be able to have the template on the controller change as I select corresponding different tracks/VSTs in Cubase. The MKII has the ability to switch templates when it receives a Program Change message with a value of the corresponding template.

What I want to know is how I can get Cubase to send a Program Change message and value whenever a certain track or window is opened in the program. I’m having trouble finding anything on this subject. Let me know if further information is necessary.

Hi @squeakychu ,

I don’t think this is possible using the GUI Midi Remote, but it might be doable using the scripting API.

With a combination of callback function .onTitleValueChange and .sendMIDI method, you could send a different MIDI message based on the name of the track.