Can I upgrade to a new version of cubase using a different laptop?

Hi guys. Hoping someone can assist.
I want to purchase Cubase 11 Pro. I already have a licence for Cubase 5, but this was used on an old computer which I no longer use.
The cost of upgrading from Cubase 5 is much cheaper than buying outright, but my questions are:

1. Can I upgrade from Cubase 5 to 11 on a ‘new’ computer, without having Cubase on this new machine?
  2. What ‘evidence’ will Steinberg request for me to enable this (assuming the answer to question one is “yes”)

I’ve had software issues previously with Cubase so am loath to spend the money without being confident it will work.

Any guidance is much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi,

Yes, you can buy it. Once you will try to activate the updated, eLCC application will check, if there is Cubase 5 license on the USB-eLicenser. If there is, the license will be updated. That’s it. You don’t need Cubase installed at all. So the only thing you need is the USB-eLicenser with Cubase 5 license.

Steinberg will not request anything while the order. The only request is the presence of Cubase 5 license on the USB-eLicenser, where you want to update the license.