Can I use 2 seperate dongles for a single Cubase licsence?

I use cubase to do everything in my recording studio, I’d like to use cubase at home too. I know I could just bring the dongle with me, but I’m concerned that if one day I forget the dongle at home, I’d be so screwed up when I’m in the studio.

Is it possible that I purchase an addition dongle and have the same license in 2 separate dongles? So I can use cubase at both places with no worries.

Of course not. Steinberg provides Zero Downtime though, for eventualities like losing your key.

Why of course? Not obvious to me.

Because that is the equivalent of you paying for 1 license, but getting 2 independent licenses out of it. Even if you super-promise to only use one at a time, nothing would prevent simultaneous use of both dongles. Or even selling one dongle/license to someone else.

Why can’t they make it like pro tools that only one of the dongle/license can work at a time?
Heck, Logic doesn’t even need a dongle. FL only requires your account and password. It’s 2021 now, why are we still stuck on a license system that’s so outdated and a pain in the ass?

Please See License management and the future of the eLicenser - changes ahead