Can someone take me through how to "make into a page"?

I have a bunch of music that fits onto a single page, but when I try increasing the “space size” (in the “Page Setup” of Layout Options - a setting that admittedly took me a moment to locate in Dorico), it creates a second page. My question: is there any way to “lock” the notes onto a single page (or I presume Frame?) such that if I subsequently increase the space size it won’t create a 2nd page? I know it has something to do with locking Frames in Engraving Mode but can’t figure out the exact procedure. Thanks in advance -

• dj

In Engrave Mode, select the first and the last note that you wan’t on your page (frame) using Cmd-click to select both. Then click Engrave - Format Music Frames - Make into Frame from the drop-down menu or in the left panel (you can also assign a keyboard shortcut). If you wan’t to make sure, it stays like that, click Lock Frame when you’re happy with the result.

That worked. HOWEVER (for what it’s worth): I admittedly wish there was more visual confirmation that I’ve selected everything between the first and last note, vs. merely highlighting the 2 objects - feels like I’ve done something wrong even though I did not. I also created (as you suggested) a key command for “Lock Frame”, but I’m actually surprised there isn’t simply a clickable icon to the left of the Dorico screen (near “Lock System”) for “Make Into Frame”?

• dj

It’s right underneath the “Lock Frame” icon, but perhaps it’s not obvious what it does unless you hover the mouse over it and read the ToolTip.

Note, in general “Lock System” and “Lock Frame” are two different operations - except for the special case where there is only one system per frame.

It’s right underneath the “Lock Frame” icon, but perhaps it’s not obvious what it does unless you hover the mouse over it and read the ToolTip.

Indeed it is (never mind :slight_smile:)…

• rj