Can the Import/Track be set to "DEFAULT" to Linear Mode Instead of "Music Mode"

Howdy. Getting back to recording & confused about the Tempo vs Linear issue. I would actually like my wav files to stay exactly as they are when importing into Cubase. It “seems” that Making sure track is in ‘Linear’ instead of ‘Music’ Mode is the key? Can the Import/Track be set to “DEFAULT” to Linear Mode Instead of “Music Mode” as it does. ?? i can’t seem to find a way to change the default. Thank u kindly for any help. Peace CL

Is this Preferences setting maybe what you’re looking for?

2 Likes

Like @Nico5 sez.

Just gonna drop this link here

2 Likes

I figured it out just before I saw your response. Thank you for the extra info it was very helpful

1 Like

Hiya, I am having this same issue in Nuendo. It never happened before, now when I play a sample from the media bay, it syncs to the tempo, but when I import it, its not the same tempo as the song. I see you figured it out, can you help me please…
I tried to change things in preference, still no show. Thanks in advance

[quote=“KDL, post:5, topic:763808, full:true”]
Hiya, I am having this same issue in Nuendo. It never happened before, now when Hiya, I am having this same issue in Nuendo. It never happened before, now when I play a sample from the media bay, it syncs to the tempo, but when I import it, its not the same tempo as the song. I see you figured it out, can you help me please…
I tried to change things in preference, still no show. Thanks in advance