Can the logical editor move MIDI selection on the same note?

I know you will think this is absurd and pointless, but it has a reason that I will explain.

What I would like to do is this. I have a MIDI part open in the key editor. I select all of them, duplicate them by pressing Alt and clicking and dragging them down. Now, what I want is that second set of notes to be moved vertically so that they all end up at C0. Even better, but maybe too much to ask, would be if they were placed in a way that the first note was at C0, the second at D0, the third one at C0, the fourth at D0 and so on. Up and down, up and down:

Why do I need this? Because I have the Benjamin Wallfisch Strings, and C0 is the keyswitch for legato downbow, and D0 is the one for upbow. So instead of doing this manually, I duplicate the notes, send them down and then make the notes C0 and D0 alternatively.

Is this possible with the logical editor?

Hi,

You can do the 1st use case.

Filter Target
( Type is | Equal | Note )

Action Target
Pitch | Set to Fixed Value | C0/24

Function
Insert

1 Like

Thank you sir!

One weird thing though, mine looks the same except that I can’t enter the /24. When I type C0/24 and press enter, it just shows C0.

I guess 24 would be the velocity, correct?

24 is the MIDI note number corresponding to C0 (as Cubase defines middle C, or MIDI note number 60, as C3).

Hi,

My Cubase is set to show the Note Name and Number. This is why.

Music making is an art - if any of it is

absurd and pointless

, then all of it is. (Obviously my position is that none of it is!)