Can the Meta normalizer be applied to the clip envelope?

I basically want to apply the gain PRE effects.
The Meta Normalizer applies it to the clip gain in the Clips tab which is post.
Or it would be great to have a preference to make clip gain in the Clips tab PRE fx…

Cheers

What for? The goes against the concept of normalizing the “final” results.

It would be a time saver if I have a lot of clips (mixes) of similar nature and I want to insert say a multiband compressor on each clip. I can adjust the threshold and settings of the first one and then copy paste to the rest. I can then fine tune each one for the differences but they will be close if they were RMS normalized to one of the clip volumes.
I usually do this by ear but I have found the RMS normalizer to work incredibly well. ( I actually feel guilty using it because it makes things so easy, hehe…)

It would be a time saver if I have a lot of clips (mixes) of similar nature and I want to insert say a multiband compressor on each clip. I can adjust the threshold and settings of the first one and then copy paste to the rest. I can then fine tune each one for the differences but they will be close if they were RMS normalized to one of the clip volumes.

You can almost do this:

1. set the plugin to the 1st plugin, as you like. In the preset menu, use “Save Temporaily”
  2. In the montage FX tool window menu, select “copy”
  3. Select all the other plugins you want to add the plugin to.
  4. In the montage FX tool window menu, select “Paste to selected clips”

Then in each plugin, you will have to call the preset menu “Restore Temporaily”.

It is planned to have the preset copied with the plugin, in the future, to avoid the Save/Restore temporarily steps.

I usually do this by ear but I have found the RMS normalizer to work incredibly well. ( I actually feel guilty using it because it makes things so easy, hehe…)

:laughing:

I actually don’t have a problem at all with the copy/paste of plugins and the settings.
When I copy the selected clip plugin it pastes with all the parameters…
My only problem is the clip gain is post. I wish it was PRE plugin chain. or have an option to choose.
This mostly affects compressor plugins that react very different depending on the audio clip’s volume and the compressor’s threshold. Let’s say I want to apply no more than 2db gain reduction for all the clips.If they are RMS normalized to say 70%, it’s really easy to copy paste and maybe tweak a little, versus having a very different volume on each clip and adjusting the threshold by ear/meter and then compensate the output.
I know everybody has a different way of doing this… but it’d great to have a Pre/Post gain switch in the preferences.