Can VST Live Do Any Of These Things?

All I’ve ever wanted from any of the VST hosts/DAWs I’ve used is this:

• load in my songs, without having to rebuild them again from scratch,
  • create a set list from the loaded songs, then
  • press PLAY and have the application play all the songs in the set list order without me having to look at the computer again until after the set.

So my question is, can I load in my Cubase Projects, set up a playing order and play them from VST Live? If not, it’s a waste of time as far as I’m concerned. Because it’s something I could do 30 years ago in my hardware workstations - Korg O1R/W and Trinity - and it seems like the most obvious thing in the world to me, yet no VST host or DAW I know of can do it.

1 Like

you can export Cubase Songs (track collection) via Cubases File/Export/Export to VST Live and import that in VST Live. But we don‘t have continuous Song playback yet, it is still missing an „End of Song“ command which we will add later.

1 Like

you may do it with Cubase arranger track as well…

I was about to write that as well, but that would require all songs to “somehow” be composed into one, wouldn’t know of an easy way to do that.

So I’d presumably need to spend a fortune upgrading to Cubase 12, for the export functionality, and it still wouldn’t do what I need. Not worth the expense, I’m afraid.