Can you still see if a foe is online?

I don’t mind people appearing as offline permanently, when a thread ambush is the order of the day but when a person is “foed” does the person foeing still know that they’re online, ie if they for one reason or other find themselves warming to opposition or contrary points of view?

Sorry, couldn’t resist. I also know that apololigizing as I post isn’t really apologizing.

As ticked off as I’ve been at various individuals over my years on the Interwebs, I have never once hit the ignore button for some reason.

It takes courage to be able to tolerate some of the goings on round this part of the web but I’ve become accustomed over time, and mostly it’s the influence of peers that really change how people behave so on that count it’s a good crowd I reckon.

I know you can see the original post in the thread list so people can still read but maybe you’d have to enable the post itself to be able to read beyond the thread title.

Foe me for a day. I’ll be online sometime tomorrow. I’ll drop you a message when I come online.

Foe-ever yours,
Jay

Done.

I’ll check to see if you show up online from now on.

Cheers

pff … friend or foe kindergarten style of interaction or diagnosed mental issues.

… Maybe it help some people after all? :confused:

HowlingUlf

pff … friend or foe kindergarten style of interaction or diagnosed mental issues.

Mental issues - I think you’re getting close mate. Padawan definitely has issues with his “Brains”. :unamused:

Maybe that would be believable in some cultures but in others the mind surely is not the brain.

I think it’s just a foebia.

Foe does not stop Private Messages, so unless one takes a path of the late “funkydrummer” they will likely be “guested” rather than frozen in time.

Oh gawd… you guys who need the “foe” button should have been around here during the good old daze

Ulf and Fogal know what I’m talkin’ about :laughing:

yeah, it has been worse … and that’s an understatment! :laughing:

I’ve been around here since 2000 and I’ve used the foe button (wish it was called a blocker; foe sounds so stupid). Very handy addition and makes the forum much better. You can always ignore threads by folks you don’t want to read but the blocker is great for posters who want to bring their special touch to each and every thread.

Mr M

the blocker is great for posters who want to bring their special touch to each and every thread.

Who can you mean Mr M?? :laughing:

Please now, thats not the point. When you think about it ,the person doing the blocking (me) could be the issue. Whos to say that a posters style isn’t appreciated by the majority here but just difficult to deal with for a few.

nobody likes a mo foe! :laughing:

If I block my French father, is it a faux pas?

Oui, c’est vrai :sunglasses: Mais en Francais, il est votre pere, pas si drôle :laughing:

Is anyone in here?
Where did everyone go?
Are you a friend I’m missing?
Or a prolific forum foe?

Alas, I’ll never know.

• Fizbin Fakespeare, 2012

Haha I just click “display this post” since no one in here seems to be an enemy except those who dis my fave co. Steinberg.