Cannot activate HalionSonic 2- SOLVED

Hello,

I am a HalionSonic 1 and Halion 4 user. I have purchased the update to HalionSonic 2. However, I am not able to enter my activation code in the license control panel as it gives me a message that there is no upgradeable license in my elicenser key.
I own both Halionsonic and Halion 4 so there should be an upgradeable license for HalionSonic 2.

I have already contacted support but if there is an immediate solution I would like to know it because right now I cannot even run HalionSonic 1 anymore on my Mac and I need to get up and running as soon as possible.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Have you updated the eLCC to the latest version (6.5.4.2129)?
HTH
J.L.

Thank you for the reply.

I updated to the latest version. Same problem unfortunately. I am not able to run neither HS1 nor HS2. :frowning:

Also performed a license maintenance on my eLicenser. Still no luck.

Does your license still appear on the eLicenser?

Hi,
I just checked and only the license for Halion 4 appears on my eLicenser.

If you haven’t put in a support ticket yet, you may need to in order to get the issue resolved. I do have a few more ideas. Make sure you are connected to the internet and perform the “Maintenance” function (with USB dongle plugged in) in the eLCC. Perhaps something got messed up in there and it could sort it out. I think the H4 license covers HS as well, which is probably why you only show that one license, UNLESS you actually bought them both outright (i.e. you didn’t upgrade from HS to H4). Lastly, exactly which update to HS2 did you buy? An update from which product?
J.L.

Hi there and thanks again for your help :slight_smile:
I got Halionsonic 1 and then upgraded to Halion 4.
I bought the halionsonic 2 update from halionsonic 1 . I was connected to the Internet when I performed the maintenance in LCC.
I have issued a support ticket since Thursday, I guess the best thing is to wait for a response from support.

Hi there,

your “Upgrade” is wrong, so please send the wrong Upgrade back or get in contact with the shop.
You will have to purchase the HALion 4 to HALion 5 Update.

Best regards,

Marcus

Thank you so much for the reply Marcus. I have contacted asknet for this issue. Is there anything else I should do?

Will I also be able to use HalionSonic2 with the H5 license?

Thanks

Yes you can use the HALion Sonic 2 with a HALion 5 license.

Cheers,

Marcus

Just wanted to let you know that everything went smoothly, I upgraded to Halion 5 and both H5 and HS2 work like a charm.

Thank you so much for your help Marcus! :slight_smile:

No problem…you are welcome…

Have fun!

Cheers,

Marcus