Cannot connect to UR22 driver.

Hi Peoples,
While I’m waiting for an answer from my email to tech support, I thought I’d see if anyone has experienced and then solved this problem.
I have been trying for the past few years to get my son to switch to Cubase. I finally convince him take the plunge and now it’s Cubase that’s putting up the fight!

I installed Cubase 8 Pro/ 64 for him and ran into the following problem. When starting Cubase 8 Pro/ 64, a window pops up and asks if we want to use his Yamaha UR22 sound card, it displays the UR22 device in the available choices, but when I click OK I get an error. “Driver cannot be selected”. This same UR22 driver works fine with Wavelab 8.5 64bit. It also works with Cubase 8 Pro /32 bit. But, with the Cubase 8 Pro/ 64 running I can’t even see the UR22 control panel in Device Setup. In fact, I can’t see any of the installed ASIO drivers!

My son’s computer is fairly new HP Envy, Windows 7- intel i7 quad core 3.50GHz, 8GB Ram
Any ideas?

Thanks & Happy New Year to All!
Mike

I would try uninstalling and then re-installing the drivers if you didn’t already.

And to be clear…in Device Setup in the driver drop-down, do you have any option at all??

EDIT: Check this: Can't select ASIO device/driver - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Make sure that no other program is active and using your sound device (internet explorer for example takes some kind of ownership on your sounddevice), asio sharing is possible but troublesome in some specific situations.

Ooh about ASIO sharing, this is not possible, but with the option in the ASIO device configuration you can set the option “release audio driver when application is in background”, this way you should be able to wsitch between different ASIO programs (wavelab and Cubase) and keep the audiodevice working.

Thanks for the ideas, but still no luck.
I have trashed preferences, re-installed the driver, and re-installed Cubase.

Nothing in the Device Setup dropdown menu. The other odd thing is when Cubase is starting a window will pop up and ask if I want to use the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO. It appears to be selected (check mark) next to it. The rest of the selections (grayed out) are for other devices that I don’t have installed and never owned. The selection window shows Steinberg UR22. There are no other choices if I click on the dropdown arrow.

It’s not just Cubase 8/64. I have the exact same problem with 7 and 7.5/64.

Once again, Wavelab 64bit finds this driver, Cubase 32bit finds the driver.
I hope someone from Steinberg will come up with an answer.
Mike
DeviceSetup.jpg
DriverCouldNotBeSelected.jpg
ASIO_Setup.jpg

The other odd thing is when Cubase is starting a window will pop up and ask if I want to use the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO. It appears to be selected (check mark) next to it.

This is as the other thread i linked.

Do a full virus scan and full Malwarebytes scan in the first instance.