I’ve been troubleshooting for some hours now, and nothing seems to help.
The error message that I recieve after trying to connect to my PC from my android phone is:
“There is no host assigned to this IP address. Make sure your eLicenser is activated.”
Here’s some of the things that I’ve done already:
- SKI remote is activated in Cubase, tried with and without password
- Downloaded bonjour and checked that the process is actually running
- Updated eLicenser control center and performed maintenance tasks
- Setup firewall so that it allows all traffic of programs that are even little related to Cubase
- Prevented internet security from sandboxin eLicenser control center (which it did before)
- Changed IP addresses of both phone and PC to static ones
- PC connected to router via wlan and ethernet, tested both options
- tried connecting by inserting PCs IP address obtained through ipconfig
- tried with WEP encryption of wi-fi
- propably some other things that I’ve forgotten already
All the time I’ve gotten the same error.
PC: Win 8.1, AMD FX 8350, 8gb ram, SSD, Broadcom NetLink Gigabit ethernet
router: Huawei B593s-22
wifi adapter: Telewell AC-1200
Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 compact, Android 4.4.4
Cubase ICPro “sees” when Cubase is on or off on my PC. I know it because "Cubase @ " appears and disappears on my phone in sync with wether Cubase is on or off.
I actually monitored with Comodo internet security what happens when I try to connect. Right after connecting a new connection to Cubase from the IP address of my phone appears.
And still the same error and it doesn’t work.
I hope that I have simply overlooked something.