Cannot get a metronome click.

I’m the first to admit I’m a thicko in this regard, I just cannot get the metronome to work, following the instructions in the manual and seems rather complicated considering its just the metronome…why isn’t it just there?..trying to use the normal Steinberg sound, but how? :blush: :blush:

Hi,

Do you use Control Room or not? Could you add a screenshot of your Metronome Setup pages and Control Room window (if you use it)?

hello Martin, thank you for answering, yes I use the control room, I’ve been trying to follow the info in the manual but it does not show how to actually get a click to actually sound…trying to get the normal steinberg sound…
I’ve attached what I think you wanted, just getting the hang of windows 10 so hope the pics are ok quality.

Hi,

First, enable"Use Audio Click" in the Metronome Setup > General. If it’s still but working, attach the Control Room window screenshot, please.

Hi Martin, activated use audio click and still no click…pic of control room is attached

Press C maybe?

Make sure the metronome is enabled in the Control Room. It’s the button directly above the blue A button.

AAAaaarrrgggghhh… :astonished: :astonished: :confused: :confused: Godamnit!!! totally forgot about that button, what a total plonker I am… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

thank you my friend…so is this your first contact with a total idiot? I use the control room all the time, including that button but for some reason it totally escaped my mind…need to go and lay down for a while… :blush: :blush:
sincere apologies to Martin for wasting his time…

best, Kevin

No stress man. There’s so many tiny buttons it’s easy to forget about some of them.

Yes don’t worry, that one trips up the best of us from time to time. It’s usually a set and forget thing if you are not using Cue sends. I’m sure this thread will help others in the future :slight_smile:

Your too kind guys…just too kind… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: