Cannot install Cubase 13 license - elicenser fails

I started this post with links and screenshots but apparently I’m not allowed to do that.

My issue is likely related to
“Windows: upgrade or update disables Soft-eLicenser”
but none of the suggestions are working.

1. My windows user is an admin. But I keep getting told file permissions cannot be repaired unless I run as admin
  2. If I open elicenser control or try to upgrade license from Download Assistant, elicenser is disabled “Deactivated Soft-eLicenser”
  3. If I then try to open elicenser as admin, I get the eLicenser Control - Error (see screenshot) and I have to uninstall and reinstall eLicenser
  4. if I install and open elicenser as admin, I can run maintenance and elicenser looks normal. But this doesn’t help me upgrade the license.

I have attacked this a number of ways and it simply won’t work. Any suggestions from anyone? It’s very frustrating not to be able to use software I paid for.

Thanks for any assistance,

Joel

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Cubase 12 and 13 are not using eLCC anymore. Use the Steinberg Activation Manager, please.

Thank you.
You know, I actually went there a few times. But there wasn’t any action I could take.
Later, I realized that I had purchased the Cubase 13 upgrade with a different email/account than I have in the past. Once I logged out and logged in with that email, it worked.
Don’t I feel foolish. :roll_eyes:

Edit: But wait—I was entering my DAC in Steinberg Download Assistant as instructed, and it was launching eLicenser, not me. Nowhere in the order email was there any reference to Activation Manager. Why?

Hi,

If it’s an update from the eLCC license, the eLCC has to run. But once you have Cubase 13, it will not use eLCC anymore.

Once you start Cubase 13 for the first time, the Steinberg Activation Manager takes the action and activate the license automatically.