Cannot open Cubase LE 5 file - runtime error r6025

I cannot open a cubase LE5 file. I try to open the file and it acts like it is loading and gets to “Loading channel mono out 2” . The it says “cubase has stopped working”.
Initially when I was working on the track, I saved it and tried to close. I got a runntime error message " Runtime error library,cant open cubase le 5 runtime error r6025 pure virtual function call". And it wouldnt shut down, so I had to do a ctrl-alt-del and shut the program down. At one point I was able to open the file again, but not without having to go through the process of trying to pene it a number of times and it giving me the “cubase stopped working” messages.
I have also got another Runtime error message that says:
Program:…rogram files (x86)\steinberg\cubase le5\cubase\cubase le 5.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more info.

This has happened on 2 other files I have that contain some vst trax.
Does this make sense?
Is there a way to stop this from happening and making it run properly?
Please let me know if there is any other info you need.
Thank you

I am using an AKAI EIE audio interface.

processor:amd E-300 apu
ram 4 gigs
windows 7 64 dit
Toshiba satellite c655d

If anyone cares, this is what Chris D from steinberg told me:
f you are running third party plugins in the project, I would suggest removing them and seeing if the error persists.

One other suggestion would be to set Cubase LE5 back to it’s defaults by clearing your Application Data:

First, please shut down Cubase. Then go to the Start menu, All Programs, Cubase LE5, Cubase LE5 User Settings Data Folder. In the top address bar, you should see “App Data (roaming) Steinberg” Click on Steinberg at the top. This will put you in the Steinberg app data folder. Trash any Cubase or Nuendo folders that you see there. This will trash your key commands, preferences, sound card settings, etc. It also should clear up the problem you are having. Restart Cubase. You will need to reset your audio outputs (Devices, Device Setup, VST Audio System).