Can't add parameter on Live

I’m trying to add filter cutoff and resonance to Ableton parameters, so i can automate it inside the DAW. But somehow it’s not working, when i click on Configure on the attache screen , when i click on a knob on Halion, it should appear on Abletons’ plugin windows, but nothing is happening… any ideas ?

You have to expose parameters to be addressable via automation first… If you right click on a parameter you get the option to ‘add to new automation’ or something like that, I can’t remember the wording used now.

This is because the number of automated parameters can be huge within one patch, so it’s up to you to define what gets exposed.

Most patches use the quick controls, of course. To keep it simple. Learn those 8 at the bottom and then map to them in HALion if you need to change anything.

As a side note, I’d use HALion Sonic (3) for performing/playing in Ableton, HALion 6 is more for creating/editing patches yourself… I don’t know if you’re aware of that, or what you’re trying to do here though. :slight_smile:

Thank you , it worked !