Can't build vst3sdk for Windows x86 using Visual Studio

When I try to build the vst3sdk (v3.7.7) on Windows for 32-bit (x86) architecture using the following command:

cmake.exe -G "Visual Studio 17 2022" -A x86 ..\vst3sdk

I get the following error:

Failed to run MSBuild command:

C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/2022/Enterprise/MSBuild/Current/Bin/amd64/MSBuild.exe

to get the value of VCTargetsPath:

MSBuild version 17.5.1+f6fdcf537 for .NET Framework
Included response file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Enterprise\MSBuild\Current\Bin\amd64\MSBuild.rsp

Project “C:\Users<username>\source\repos\vstbuild32\CmakeFiles\3.25.0\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj” on node 1 (default targets).
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(438,5): error MSB8013: This project doesn’t contain the Configuration and Platform combination of Debug|Win32. [C:\Users<username>\source\repos\vstbuild32\CMakeFiles\3.25.0\VCTargetsPath.vcxproj]

Running the same cmake command but with -A x64 (to target 64-bit) works correctly. How do I create a 32-bit build?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

try -A “Win32”

try -A “Win32”

Works! Thank you, @Yvan!

Note to Steinberg: The list of supported architectures atop the README.md file provided with the sdk reports the architecture as “x86”. It would be helpful if that table used names that work with the provided cmake scripts.