Can't Connect C7.01 (Win7 64)

Thanks for the diagram, but there’s one crucial information missing: What IP address has your iPhone ? It must have an IP address starting with 192.168.16.

cheers
arne

Have you tried to only use a wireless connection? I am not able to connect the iPad with my laptop while the laptop has both a WLAN and a LAN connection. I have to remove the ethernet cable to make it work.

Hi,

There are indeed issues on some computers when they’re both connected to the WIFI and a regular LAN connection at a time.
This is a known problem described in the official troubleshooting.
I’m afraid we might have been forgotten to check this here.
I’ve thought you previously went through this troubleshooting list beforehand but I may have mixed up with another thread.

Cheers,

OK, I don’t want to confuse things… If you look at my diagram, the Wi-Fi connects via a WAP.

There are no computers on my network that connect to the internet using -both- Wi-Fi -and- 100base-T.

My iPhone connects to the internet via Wi-Fi… but through that dedicated WAP in the diagram. But since we’re talking about -Hub- I don’t want to get sidetracked on that.

Just to check this if the WAP might be a problem, I disconnected the WAP, then rebooted my DAW machine, started Cubase and tried to open the Hub. Still no luck.

Next?

—JC

Any word on this? It’s been a month.

I’ve tried working at this as a ‘networking’ issue in another Cubase 7 topic, since I also reported that ‘Steinberg Hub’ could not connect, but I’ve received no update on -that- topic either. I’ve asked repeatedly if there are any logs or other info I can provide to help you guys troubleshoot but no response on either the forum or from my support ticket.

Do you have anything else to offer? I have training in networking and I can make myself available for GoToMeeting or Windows Remote Desktop if that would help.

Obviously, I’d prefer to get this working and I’ll do whatever I can to help but if not maybe the thing to do would be to just provide a refund and forget about it.

Please advise either way.

Thanks,

—JC

Here’s a couple things to consider.
OK, firewall off - check. though this should not effect things if your Bonjour is configured properly. I would always leave my firewall on.

Connected to the same wireless router?

You need to have the same Subnet Mask and Gateway.
Chances are your network looks something like this:
IP address 192.168.1.x
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.1

If the gateways are different, ex. 192.168.0.1 on device one and 192.168.1.1 on the second device, you will never be able to connect. The same goes for the subnet mask. The numerical values must be exactly the same.

Type out your settings or verify they are as I have posted above.

Cheers,
jeremiah

http://www.peachstreetstudios.com

Dear all,

as announced yesterday, Cubase iC Pro 1.0.4 is now available at the iTunes App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cubase-ic-pro/id573140262?mt=8

Besides fixing minor user reported problems, this update adds the option to enter the IP address of a computer manually to support all users having connection problems with Cubase iC Pro.

Furthermore we’ve added a Knowledge Base article that describes how to determine the correct IP address of your computer (to be entered in the IP address field in iC Pro):
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-ic-pro-troubleshooting/kb_back/2025.html

Please give this update a try and let us know if it helps to solve the issue.

Thanks
& greetings from Hamburg

As I wrote in several other topics…

Updated to 1.03 and started working. Then updated to 1.04 and now broken again… but in a different way. Now, it connects but the connection is so slow that it pretty much hangs

—JC