Can't control vst plugs-in with my Kronos keyboard

I can’t do anything when I open a vst plug-in (like Halion 6) in cubase. I open instrument track but I have no sound. But The plug -in works in his autonome version and i hear the halion sounds playing with my Kronos Keyboard.
Is there anybody have a solution here ?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

If I understand you right, you don’t hear the sound in case of HALion as plug-in (in Cubase), but you can hear it when running HALion 6 as stand alone. Am I right?

What ASIO driver do you use in Cubase, please? How is the Audio Connections > Output setup, please?

Hi Martin, thank you so much for your help !
You are completely right
I use the focusrite usb Asio software driver downloaded from the focusrite website is it possible that this driver is the source of matter ?The others drivers (as asio4all for example) are not recommended for the focusrite interfaces ( mine is scarlett 18i20 third generation) what do you mean if I try the last asio driver ?
Best regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Hi,

So what happens if you select the ASIO driver in Cubase, please? Can you see the outputs in the Audio Connections window?

Hi Martin

I just have this driverI shall try it this afternoon and I give you news
Thanks for your help
Best regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Hi Martin
I downloaded asio4all driver yesterday.
The sound is cut on every part in the computer ( also with media player) than I deleted it and I reinstalled the focusrite asio driver ( I downloaded it from the focusrite website, than I have the last version) the problem is the same : I can play Halion 6 or halion sonic alone, but not in cubase . I have some plugs-in like kontakt ; the problem is the same ; ( sounds alone, no sounds in cubase )so I think that the problem comes from cubase, not from anything else but, when I touch a note from my piano, I see a MIDI event down right on the cubase window….
If I want to have an halion take in my project, first I record and I save a .mid file in the autonomous version. After that, I open a midi take in my cubase project, I download my .mid file, I open a instrument take and I paste this file in !

Best regards

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Hi,

Have you tried to set the Buffer Size to the maximum, please?

Yes. 32 to 1024 ….

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Hi,

Could you test your system by using LatencyMon utility, please?

Hi Martin
I test my system and I paste here the conclusion :
Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts
What it’s mean ?

Hi,

I’m getting out of ideas, sorry…

Could you attach some screenshots from the setup, MixConsole > Routing…

Wait the analyze is not done

Hi Martin
Nothing seems to work wrong in the computer. In cubase, when I put the buffers on 32, it’s noting that the latence is under 3 ms…my pc go fast with i7 cpu 3,8mhz and 64 ghz of ram……
No I think the problem comes from cubase itself, maybe I miss a special configuration….

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Hi,

This is why did I ask for some screenshots:

here are some screenshots you need
Tell me if you want someone else
Thanks