Can't drag and drop MIDI files onto MIDI track

Hi. Attempting to drag and drop a MIDI file from the media bay onto a MIDI track fails. It drops it into a new track at the bottom, which is incredibly annoying in a large project with many tracks. Problem occurs with built-in MIDI as well as my own files. But in SOME PROJECTS, MIDI files can be added properly. Strange bug which may be difficult to reproduce, but it’s real. There is nothing in Settings that might resolve this. I have seen this issue come up before in this forum, but I don’t see a resolution. Anyone?

Update. A similar thing happens with audio files. Drag and drop results in files being placed randomly - anywhere but where you want them. I wonder if it’s an issue with screen resolution on the M1 iPad or possibly an incorrect calculation in the software of the destination track due to zooming?

Hi @novelty,

Thanks for your message!

Since drag and drop of MIDI files onto a track works in some projects, please let us have a short clip which shows the problem. Please do the same for the audio issue.

Thanks
& stay safe,
Lars

I “resolved” this issue by always using a double tap to insert a file, since the drag and drop didn’t work correctly. Sorry I don’t really have time to put a video together to reproduce the problem.

Hi @novelty,

Thanks for your reply.

It works fine for me to use drag and drop to place a MIDI file onto an existing MIDI track/event.

Is it possible that the chosen value in the “Grid” feature (located in the sub menu top right) limits the options to place events to dedicated positions?

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Lars

I’ll do some poking around and see if I can discover if that is the case. Thanks.

1 Like

Hallo, is there a solution to this issue? I’ve got the same problem. I cannot drag & drop midi files onto a midi track, it shows a “forbidden symbol”. If I import them, a new track will be created at the bottom of the project. Rudolf

Hi @rveit,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Unfortunately we are unaware about issues to drag and drop MIDI files onto a MIDI track.

Please provide me with a short clip which shows the issue, so we can take a look what’s happening.

Thanks,
Lars

Lars, I have not attempted to drag and drop MIDI files for a long time, and I am too busy these days to look into it just now. It may have been a ‘problem’ due to having the Selection tool active, or something like that. I will let you know if I run into this issue at a later date. Thanks for all the good work you are doing! Steve

Hi @novelty,

Thanks for your message!

Lars, I have not attempted to drag and drop MIDI files for a long time, and I am too busy these days to look into it just now. It may have been a ‘problem’ due to having the Selection tool active, or something like that. I will let you know if I run into this issue at a later date. Thanks for all the good work you are doing! Steve

Please give it a try again if you find the time, and let us know about your results!

Thanks again,
Lars