1790: [ 0.006 / 6032 I default] - “Log.Exchange=true”
1790: [ 0.006 / 6032 I default] - “.warning=true"
1790: [ 0.006 / 6032 I default] - "
.critical=true”
1790: [ 0.006 / 6032 I default] - “*.debug=false”
1790: [ 0.260 / 6032 I default] - Specific Logging Rules: “Log.Exchange”
1790: [ 0.260 / 6032 W default] - DumpSubscription “DisplayNotifier”
1790: [ 0.260 / 6032 I default] - 5
1F64: [ 98.667 / 8036 I Log.Exchange] - File opened from Sequencer “C:\Users\petřík\AppData\Local\Temp\Steinberg\WLEx\29 Min Jupiter-Bass-Mic-Chorus-01.wav”
1F64: [ 98.736 / 8036 I Log.Exchange] - Sequencer Project for “29 Min Jupiter-Bass-Mic-Chorus-01.wav (C:\Users\petřík\AppData\Local\Temp\Steinberg\WLEx)” is “” Length: 0 Cursor 0
1F64: [ 108.824 / 8036 I Log.Exchange] - SequencerRemote::finishedFileEdit “C:\Users\petřík\AppData\Local\Temp\Steinberg\WLEx”

Thanks for you help. Precious information. I could track the stuff down and it is very likely that both your Win10 user names are the reason for this. Both names have special characters which lead to malfunction.

Can you please start Cubase and WaveLab and check after start up the directory [C:\Users<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\Steinberg\ServiceDiscovery] and tell me if you see any files inside?

Thanks,
René

After launching Cubase and WaveLab the folder ServiceDiscovery is empty here.

By the way, in my case the specials characters are probably created because the different languages. In fact, my user name in my computer is JuanJosé. This name was created automatically by Windows 10 during the first installation based on my Christian name which is Juan José.

Rene success. I renamed the workgroup name PC Group without our Czech diacritics, and now it was going. Thanks so much for your time.
Petrik

Hi, if I well understood is my that should be changed in order to avoid special characters and as far as I know to do so is rather complicated.

Exactly. You will need a user name and best PC without special characters at least until such time as Steinberg devises patch.

best

Petrik

That’s true. I just fixed the bug and will test it this afternoon with both your user names…and even with my own name (which also has special character :wink:) There is an update of WaveLab coming soon.

Greets,
René

Well, don’t do so. I just tried on my Win 10 machine and almost ruined my installation :-/ The thing is that after renaming of the user name the user folder still stays with the same name.

Be patient just a bit…an update is going to come soon :wink:

Greets,
René

Thank you very much René. I’ve been fighting with this problem since the WaveLab 9 launch. You have been very insightful and instead of supposing that we were doing something wrong, you have looked for the problem in the program itself.

Congratulations!

I just tried with the following user names:

René
JuanJosé
アキラ
petřík

And they all succeeded yay Let’s wait for the results of the tester… :wink:

Greets,
René

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks to you all

SOLVED!!! Updating to 9.0.35. Thank you very much, René. Great work.

Can anyone make a video showing this process?
Update I found this today: Why Is Wavelab The Best Audio Editor | Mastering for Beginners - YouTube