Can't find alternative diamond notehead

When browsing through different noteheads in Bravura I came upon an alternative diamond notehead (see attached file) I would like to use. The problem is that I can’t seem to find it in the list of available noteheads in the notehead editor. I can only find its wider cousin called “noteheadDiamondWhiteWide”.

Does anyone know if this specific glyph is available to use or not? Am I looking in the wrong place?

For what its worth the code for the glyph I’m looking for Is U+E0DD.

EDIT: I managed to find it by editing a copy of another notehead!

Alternative diamond notehead|141x119

Not every single notehead glyph in SMuFL/Bravura is defined as an existing notehead type in Dorico by default, as that would make the list of noteheads impractically long. But you can certainly add any glyph from Bravura as a notehead: you can define your own wholly new one, and then find the glyph you’re looking for by choosing the appropriate range from the list on the right-hand side of the notehead editor (in this case, you want the Noteheads range).

1 Like

Thanks Daniel! I now understand why not all of them are listed. A few moments after posting I realized just what you were explaining and that worked beautifully!

1 Like