Can't find reverence impulse file when loading Bassamp SOLVE

Hi All

Wonder if any of you have had this. I loaded Cubase 8, all working nicely, VERY nicely actually, however when I try load the new bass amp it gives a message “can’t find FCP_S,etc” (an impulse file)but I have checked and the file IS where it’s supposed to be in the users…roaming, Steinberg,content (I shortened this btw) and it is the right file, there is no option to locate the file either, any ideas??

Best Regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

the VST Bass Amp actually needs two files:

FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_04.vstsound

please check, if both are there in your AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound
folder. If not, please reinstall.

Hi Andreas

The two files are definitely both there, what would you suggest I do?

Best Regards

Dave

Hm, maybe then it’s an user rights management issue. I don’t know. I advise you to contact the support directly.

“Roaming” is not the appropriate folder for the content files as it can only be accessed by processes with the current user permissions. You can solve the issue by performing a reinstallation. During the installation, you will see the list of components to be installed/ reinstalled. Check the box to activate the option “Install for anyone who uses on this computer”. The content will be stored on C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content.…
The path to the above mentioned files on my system is → C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

I hope this will help.

Hi Felipe

Thanks for the suggestion, do you mean a complete reinstall of Cubase 8 or just the VST Bassamp installer

Best Regards

Dave

I am having the same exact issue…

would someone please tell us if we have to reinstall everything and all my plugins or if i just select the bassamp installer somehow

Hi All

Just spent two separate team viewer sessions with Luis Dongo trying to sort this out (well done Steinberg) and finally on the third one we find that I just needed to do maintainence on my eLicencer. So if you have this problem it’s likely that this is all it is. It’s probably worth everyone doing a routine maintenance on their eLicencer anyway.

Best Regards

Dave

1 Like

As mikemandt asked is it a full reinstall or can we just do the specific component. I am getting ‘Cannot locate Speaker Impulse Response file: FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_04.vstsound’ in my roaming dir I do not have it just the following files ~

C:\Users\niall\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound

FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_03

Using version 10.5 Pro

Thanks,
N

ciao, ho letto il tuo post…anche io con cubase 10.5 pro ho problemi con questo vst quando apro il vst bass amp…tu hai risolto? ho tuti i vst 01, 03, 04 ma non funziona.
Grazie