Cant get audio through my scarlett 2i2

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help. I can’t get audio to come through cubase with my scarlett 2i2. It works through my hdmi connection to my tv, And on the built in ASIO driver, but not the scarlett. I can play itunes, youtube, films and standalone VST instruments on it too. The input and output are both set to scarlett and this has worked on this system before. I am using a macbook pro with el capitan 10.11.2 and cubase elements 8. Am I missing something? any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Josh

Hello Josh,

I had kinda the same issue. Focusrite support answered the following:

"Cubase 7.5 is NOT supported/fully compatible with El Capitan - you need Cubase 8.0.30 or later. A temporary workaround which we have seen to get results is to go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup then click the ‘+’ button in the lower left corner of the screen. Create an aggregate device, then select the tickbox next to your Scarlett (and no other devices).

Now, in Cubase, go to Devices > Device Setup and select this aggregate device instead of the 6i6 - this should now produce audio.

Please be advised that this is an untested workaround that isn’t supported either by Focusrite or Steinberg - the best way to ensure compatibility is to either update to Cubase 8, or to roll back to a supported operating system if you wish to continue to use Cubase 7.5."

I havent tested it so I dunno if it actually works. But I hope this helps any folks outthere with the same issue.