Can't hear any Audio using Cubase 7

I’m a newbie, so hoping someone can help me out here…

I recently purchased a Nuvation Impulse 64 keyboard, and Cubase Elements7 DAW software. After installing Cubase Elements7, I can’t hear any of the sounds coming from the computer. ie, I can see that the keyboard sounds are coming to the computer (mixer levels), and it also looks like it is monitoring my audio through the computer microphone (when I make noise, I can see the levels moving). However, when I try and listen to the Steinberg Hub “Quickstart”, I can see the Youtube tutorials, but I can’t hear anything (I know that the sound levels are ok on my computer and Youtube application). I can hear other youtube videos when I unplug the USB connection to the keyboard, however, I can never get the quickstart audio to work. I also can’t hear the keyboard on my computer. I’m assuming the only way to hear the keyboard is through the computer (either the computer speakers, or the audio out jack using headphones). Please help … I can’t use my keyboard at all because of this situation !

I also sent in a tech support request, not sure when I’ll hear back on that…

Any help / tips would be appreciated…

By the way, here is some more info on my system, if that helps…

Windows 8 PC
HP laptop with an AMD A8 processor, Vision
4GB RAM
64 Bit

My keyboard also came with Ableton live lite DAW, which is installed. The test tone on Ableton live lite is working…
I’m not sure if that would create conflicts, etc…

I downloaded the updates for Cubase Elements 7, am running version 7.0.6 (64 Bit), and Elicenser control center version 6.5.4.1118
Thx