Can't hide empty staff

Can anyone help. I’ve a short vocal score where I want to hide empty bars in a single treble line. I go to Layout Options > vertical spacing > hide empty staves. At RH I select Treble. I select All Systems. Then Apply. But nothing happens. Any ideas?
I was going to attach it, but it says that .dorico files are an invalid file extension.
Thanks

You need to compress the file (.zip) for the forum. It’s possible that your staff has a hidden element like a forced clef, especially if it’s an xml import.

Thanks Stephen. Yes, it’s an xml import. How can I find a hidden item?

Try selecting the clef at the beginning of the flow on each staff and deleting it, one by one.

Sometimes I just try clicking on clefs, and hit Delete - that will remove any “custom clefs” that the xml may have added. Or you can click in a blank part of the staff and hit Delete, also.

I’ve been stung once or twice by either manual clefs as previously mentioned, or a forced rest that you can’t detect. Deleting anything in the affected bars (double check there aren’t any forced barlines too) might solve the issue.

Thanks to Stephen and Dan. I’ve tried all that, but no luck. I don’t seem to be able to select clefs at all. Here is the zipped version of the score attached.
Let all mortal flesh.zip (449 KB)

Hi!
Layout options > Vertical spacing > Hide empty staves > ALL SYSTEMS did the trick. But in the right hand panel, don’t select Treble : those are the layouts affected by what you’re doing. Select full score :wink:

Thanks Marc. I just selected Treble. I guess I should have realized that it was the Full Score. Thanks to everyone.