Can't install an update

I have the Cubase 8. I’ve purchased the program online, updating from the old Cubase 5.5, and downloading the Cubase 8.0.10 installation from Steinberg site. Now I try to install an 8.0.20 update, and it doesn’t give me do that. I’ve got the message:
Cubase 8.0.20 64bit Update installation failed.
The installation source for this update is not available. Verify, that the source exists and that you can access it.
Error Code:1612

Cubase 8.0.10 exists and is working properly!
How can I solve the problem?

Is your Cubase 8.0.10 installed in the common folder? Or did you change it during the installation or after?

If your Cubase is not in the common folder, this update issue could appears.

It is installed in absolutely common folder - C:/Program Files/Steinberg/Cubase 8

I think I got a similar message when I was trying to install the 8.0.20 update on my W7 x64 machine. I solved it by just uninstalling the 8.0.10, re-installing the 8.0.0 and then applying the 8.0.20 on it.

Yes, I would also recommend a reinstalation of Cubase 8.0.0. You don’t need to install 8.0.10 and you can update from 8.0.0 to 8.0.20 directly

Eeee…, the problem is: where can I find the plane 8.0.0? I don’t have any original installation disk from Steinberg, because I’ve purchased the program online as an update from my old 5.5, and what I have got - is complete installation of 8.0.10

You can find it in your MySteinberg account, in the MySoftware > Download section, I believe. Or you can just download the Trial version.

Hi!
I tried to do what You have suggested. Nothing helped because of one very seriouse problem - I simply can’t uninstall Cubase! When I try to do this, I get the same message with the same error code. Some dll or whatever simply blocking everything and I cannot update, cannot reinstall and even cannot uninstall the program!

Hi,

according these two threads: 1, 2, it seems, you have an registry issue.

Thank you - that helped!