Can't install Cubase via the download assistant

Hi, new puter, downloaded the assistant to install Cubase and I’m getting…the download directory for Cubase pro 11 could not be found please select another directory…EH!!, I’m stumped, anyone know what I’m doing wrong please? I thought the download assistant was supposed to make life easier…tried opening the folder but it says the instalation package can’t be found, it seems to have downloaded it but then cannot find it…in the download assistant it says…install again…so it thinks it’s installed…
cheers, Kevin

well, then select another directory … :slight_smile:

Another directory…where? sorry to be a bit thick…the download assistant thinks it’s installed, i don’t think I have another directory where cubase is, where would it be?

try this http://multicommander.com/ to see where Cubase is.
:wink:

Downloaded it but have no idea what to do with it, thanks for taking time out to help mate but this seems a bit crazy, why doesn’t the steinberg manager thing just install cubase?

1 Like

you don’t want to install cubes? you want to know why the manager doesn’t work. this issue is secondary. so launch the installer directly.

I did but I get…an installer package for the product steinberg library manager cannot be found, try the installation again using a valid copy of the instalation package Steinberg cubase 11…I don’t seem to be able to get a valid copy, everytime I download I get the same thing//pulling my hair out now…LOL

do you have the stick inserted in the usb?

If you mean the dongle, yes of course…

do what it says here:
<>Installation and activation
Please visit Get Your Steinberg Product | Steinberg for details on how to install and activate your
software.
Steinberg Documentation
Quickly and easily access the most up-to-date documentation for your Steinberg
product at www.steinberg.help.
Registering your software and newsletter
Please register your product. Once you have done so, you are entitled to many
benefits such as full support and product updates.
Subscribe for the Steinberg newsletter to get updates on product releases, the latest
tutorials and special deals only available via email.
Please visit Sign in to register your product and subscribe to the
newsletter under My Newsletter.
Getting support
Visit www.steinberg.net/support for product updates, user forums and support articles
to help you make the most of your new product.
Hardware drivers
Our products require recent drivers and components for your audio and remote
controller hardware, so please make sure that the latest versions are installed before
you start working with our products.
Go to Downloads | Steinberg to download the most recent drivers
for all Steinberg hardware from the respective download page</>

I’ve just downloaded the installer from the support page and it will not install…getting the same message regarding the installation package can’t be found…this is mad!!

1 Like

maybe is from your computer …

sorry my friend I’m not sure what you meant in your last message…

is about your computer operating system , about your windows o.s.

Unlikely, very powerful brand new puter, everything else downloaded and installed no problem…studio one installed without issue, so did Harrison mixbus

I;m downloading the cubase installer and it will not install…strange…

1 Like