Can't install eLicenser on Yosemite

Hi,

I just purchased the upgrade to Nuendo 7. When I tried to activate, eLicenser said I needed to update. I downloaded the latest eLicenser, uninstalled, then tried to install the new one. The installer runs for a few seconds and then quits.

I’ve had Steinberg support look at this and they don’t know what’s going on. They say they’re going to ask development, which could take an unknown amount of time. In the meantime, I can’t run any eLicenser protected software on this machine.

So, I’m wondering if anyone else has run into this problem of installing eLicenser 6.9.1.1178 on OS X 10.10.5? Hoping that there’s some workaround possible. Anyone ever figured out how to do a manual install of eLicenser from the installer contents, maybe?

Thanks,

• Jason

Install Java, just to be sure, and try re-installing eLicenser.

From Apple: Download Java for OS X 2017-001

From Oracle: http://java.com/en/download/

1 Like

Hi,

I would recommend to try run Repair Disk Permissions (First Aid on Mac OS X 10.11) on your system drive. Then try to install eLicenser Control Center again.

But I haven’t met this issue.

1 Like

Thank you both for the suggestions. Unfortunately, neither one worked, even with the latest eLicenser software. I’m stuck on this machine and not sure how to proceed.

No one else has experienced the installer icon just bouncing in the dock then quitting silently?

Thanks,

• Jason

Hi,

Install the latest update: 8.0.35, please. I had this experience with the previous versions for the 1st start (the 2nd passed thru).

Also, please check for any eLC installation log files residing at “/Library/Logs/eLicenser/”.

They’d be named “eLC_Installation_.log”

Hi,
I also have problems installing eLicenser on Mojave (10.14.6) and have found a lot of these log files. Should I delete them and try again maybe?

Thank you