Can't launch Cubase SX 3 on Snow Leopard anymore, since I upgraded to Cubase Pro 10.5

I need to use Cubase SX 3, which I own, on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, to import old Cubase .SNG and .ARR files (as explained in this post from the Steinberg Support Team: Re: Cubase VST Song import in Cubase 4 and later: a solution - Cubase - Steinberg Forums).

It was working fine until I upgraded to Cubase Pro 10.5 on my main computer (running High Sierra) and took the opportunity to buy a new USB key. Since then, I can’t open SX 3 on Snow Leo. I can’t even launch Cubase 6.5 on Snow Leo anymore, even if I can on High Sierra. All I’ve got is the dreaded message “No Valid License found”.

Indeed, only Cubase Pro 10.5 appears on my USB-eLicenser. No trace of Cubase SX3, 4, 5, 6 and 6.5 although I bought them all.

Please help!

You bought updates therefore your previous licenses were updated to latest one. you need to update the licenses database on the old computer, so the elicenser software from some years ago recognises the Pro 10 license from 3 months ago.

I’ve already tried this with no luck, both with the eLicenser software version linked in the Steinberg Support Team post (6.3.6.1098) and the latest available version compatible with 10.6 Snow Leopard (6.7.1.8151 from https://www.steinberg.net/en/company/technologies/elicenser.html#old_elcc).

All I get is an error message saying that the currently installed version of the eLicenser Control software is too old.

The technical assistance by phone was able to help me with Cubase SX 3 by kindly offering a solution. I am now able to launch Cubase SX 3 and convert my old .sng, .arr and .prt files again. Thanks steiny!

Now THAT’s a VERY interting post, as I have problems importing old .ALL files on a Windows 7 machine. So I tried to install SX3 on an old iMac, running Snow Leopard, but … guess what, the eLicenser doesn’t regognize my Cubase Pro 10.5 license, and it’s not possible to update the elicenser data base.

How did the Steini guys help you - maybe you’d like to share the solution to some mates who are having the same problem/s you had, before the support helped you out.

Thanks a ton and happy weekend!! :v:t3:

Hey!

Contact Steinberg support for your country and explain your situation. They should be able to send you a limited SX3 license.

Hey!

Contact Steinberg support for your country and explain your situation. They should be able to send you a limited SX3 license.

Thanks for the info!! Will get in touch with them on Monday :+1:t3:

Cheers :v:t3: