Can't log in to forum from that IP address

Hi, Is this the right subforum for this topic?

I found today i can’t log into the Steinberg forums from one of my devices - VPN on/off, Private Mode on/off, multiple browsers, history/cookies deleted, nothing seems to work. Other devices not affected.

Any suggestions for help welcome, please!

Is the clock correct on that machine? Sometimes that can prevent access to certain sites.

1 Like

Thanks, @skijumptoes … Yes, the clock is correct.

Hi -

I thought I’d ask for any help again please … I went to log into this forum on my Microsoft Surface, and got the same old “no can do” message: “You can’t log in from that IP address”.

Two other devices … no prob at all (phone, desktop).

I wonder, is there someone at Steinberg I can contact to discuss this with?

Thanks for any help!

The address was blocked by the forum spam monitor.

What is the ip address in question?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help!

I wasn’t sure about IP addresses, and when I Googled several sites they listed some security risks with publishing one’s IP address, so it looks like maybe I shouldn’t do that.

I can say however that on the single device I’m blocked from logging in on, running a VPN (which I think should change the IP address Steinberg sees?) vs not running it doesn’t make a difference.

PS:

Just for the record, I’m not a spammer :slight_smile:

The message is simple, it means the IP address is blocked. The only thing any staff here can do is to release the IP address from the block. If you get the same message while you are using a VPN connection, the problem is local to your device.

None of these affect a user’s IP address.

It would be good practice to verify that your VPN is actually working by visiting, for example, ipleak.net.

Contact Steinberg support for more info

Great, thanks @steve